Home Works Forum
Elsewhere & Around
> Job Opening at Arab Image Foundation | Library and Research Coordinator
The position is available from
and is offered on a full-time basis.
Role of the Library and Research Coordinator at the Arab Image Foundation
– Overseeing and maintaining the AIF library and research space
– Welcoming and guiding researchers and visitors
– Gaining strong familiarity with the background, history and current state of the AIF and its collection, as well as their relation to the history and theory of photography and contemporary artistic production.
– Developing strategies for strengthening and promoting the AIF research facilities to artistic, academic and non-academic audiences.
– Designing and implementing pedagogical tools and activities as part of the development the AIF’s outreach and public programming.
– Assisting in the writing of different reports and communication material related to the activities of the Foundation.
The ideal candidate should have an academic background in history of art, fine arts, philosophy, photography, history or other relevant subjects; candidates should demonstrate strong personal interest in local and regional artistic practices, photography and/or archival practices.
Applicants should have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and must be fluent in English and Arabic. Fluency in French is preferred but not essential. Applicants must be able to work autonomously and as part of a team, and should have strong organizational and time management skills.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to
, stating “Library and Research Coordinator” in the subject header.
Please note that applications that do not include a cover letter will not be considered.