Home Works Forum
Elsewhere & Around
> Job Opening at the Arab Image Foundation | Archivist
The position is available from
July 1, 2015
and is offered on a full-time basis.
Role of the Archivist
The Archivist will work under the supervision of the AIF Collection Manager. Tasks will include but not restricted to:
– Surveying recent photographic acquisitions
– Cleaning historical photographs and storing them in archival envelopes and boxes
– Maintaining the collection storage inventory
– Monitoring the state of collection storage to protect photographs against damage by light, humidity, temperature or air pollution
– Documenting collections and entering technical specifications of photographs in the database
– Maintaining the collection’s emergency preparedness plan
– Contributing to identifying collection management priorities
The ideal candidate should have an academic background or professional experience in photography, preventive conservation, archival studies, library studies, or related fields; candidates should have a good knowledge of photographic processes and experience handling photographs and/or fragile objects.
Applicants should ideally have notions of preventive conservation and/or preservation.
Applicants must be meticulous and attentive to details, and should have strong organizational skills. Fluency in Arabic is a plus.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to
, stating “Archivist” in the subject header.
Please note that applications that do not include a cover letter will not be considered.
Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.