Home Works Forum
Elsewhere & Around
> MacDowell Colony | Open Call for Residencies
Deadline for the Summer 2014 residencies: January 15th, 2014
Apply to MacDowell. Meet artists from other cultures. Make your best work.
Artists from across the Arab world participated in The MacDowell Colony’s new Voices of Change program this year.
You can be part of MacDowell’s artist community in 2014. Artists from the Middle East working in all artistic disciplines are encouraged to apply for residency. The next application deadline is January 15 for the Summer 2014 session. Those accepted will receive Voices of Change Fellowships covering all costs of a residency of up to two months in Peterborough, New Hampshire, USA, including:
• Exclusive use of one of 32 studio cottages spread across 450 scenic acres
• All meals and living accommodations, including picnic lunches delivered to studios
• International travel reimbursement and needs-based financial aid
• Immersion in a new cultural environment and peer exchanges with other artists of many different disciplines and backgrounds
• Opportunities to present work to public audiences through the Colony’s community programs
One of the world’s leading artist residency programs, MacDowell serves more than 275 artists each year, many of whom travel internationally to participate. With the guidance of the
Arab Fund for Arts & Culture
and Ashkal Alwan, we are reaching out to give artists working in regions of political and social change the peace of mind to concentrate fully on their work, to share freely ideas with their peers from other cultures, and to develop new perspectives in their creative practices.
To apply, go to
Please indicate Ashkal Alwan when asked, “How did you learn about MacDowell’s residency program?”