Home Works Forum
Elsewhere & Around
> Open call for a research residency in Paris
May 31, 2016
As part of their collaboration, the
College of Global Studies / FMSH
are organising a 6-week research residency for researchers in Humanities and Social Sciences residing outside of France.
The research projects presented must register as part of the general science policy of the College of Global Studies and especially with at least one of the following themes developed in the Global South pulpit (s):
– Study the flow of ideas and artistic and cultural production arrangements between Europe and worldwide.
– Studying from a critical perspective the different forms of representation of the “other.”
The researcher will commit to participate in activities organized by the Global South pulpit (s) and the Villa Vassilieff in connection with his research.
philosophy, political science, sociology, anthropology, global history, history of art.
The Villa Vassilieff will cover the travel expenses of the researcher and the College of Global Studies will award a grant of € 3,300 to the researcher for the 6 week residency to support living expenses.
• A curriculum vitae (including the date of birth)
• a list of scientific publications
• a 3-4 page research project with the dates and the activity schedule planned in Paris, and a bibliography of 2 pages
• a letter of support from an international scientific personality is welcome The results of the call will be communicated in June 2016, the residence will commence from September 15, 2016.
Applicants are invited to send their application written in English or in French to