Home Works Forum
Elsewhere & Around
> Open Call for Director Position at Beirut Art Center
Beirut Art Center (BAC)
is a non-profit association, space and platform dedicated to contemporary art in Lebanon. The aim of the center is to produce, present and promote local and international contemporary art and cultural practice in a structure that is open and active throughout the year. For more information please visit our website:
In January 2014, Lamia Joreige and Sandra Dagher, co-founders/directors of Beirut Art Center, will be leaving their positions to focus on their responsibilities as members of the Executive Board.
Beirut Art Center seeks an experienced and innovative Director who will work toward the vision of the center. He or she has the leadership and operational oversight that will ensure the continued success of the center. In this newly created position, the Director will work in close partnership with the Executive Board to successfully implement the artistic and strategic direction of the center, ensuring the Center delivers on its mission in a financially sustainable way.
Major responsibilities include:
• Work closely with the Executive Board to fulfill the mission of the center and plan the program of activities and the financial strategy of the center.
• Responsible for the realization of all activities and events at the center.
• Manage the annual budget of the center.
• Establish strong working relationships with exhibiting artists.
• Seek out new partnerships and collaborations with other organizations, both local and international.
• Promote the center and publicize its activities through networking.
• Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field.
The ideal candidate comes from a leadership background in a mission-driven organization. He or she has successfully managed an artistic entity, having largely contributed to its transformative growth. Backgrounds of interest include leaders from cultural organizations, other not-for-profit institutions, and the private sector, among others.
Candidates should have:
• A meaningful commitment to and deep interest in contemporary art.
• Experience in leadership positions with a demonstrated record of impact that is measured by such factors as organizational growth, successful fundraising strategies, critical recognition, and audience development.
• Success in roles requiring both strategic and operational capability, that is, the day-to-day operational management, along with the planning for and execution against longer-term strategic impact.
• Strong writing skills and the ability to think conceptually and creatively for the advancement of the center.
• Experience developing and maintaining organizational and departmental budgets.
• Experience working in a senior level position within a dynamic, mission-driven organization, and managing a team of staff members.
• Enthusiasm for and a commitment to fundraising and relationship building, and the pursuit of endeavors that build and enhance reputation and image.
• Experience reporting to or working closely with an Executive Board.
Start Date: From January 2014
To download the job description
please click here
. For more information please contact: