Assistant to the Director
Full-time, based in Beirut
Starting date: September 1, 2016
The Assistant to the Director closely assists Ashkal Alwan Director in the realization of all aspects of Ashkal Alwan’s activities and its institutional management. This involves administration, production, and conceptual assistance on projects, as well as assisting with budgets, drafting reports, promotion of AA’s activities, and public relations. All duties will be undertaken with direct supervision from the Director.
The Assistant to the Director should have superlative administrative skills and an interest in working with contemporary artists. Excellent interpersonal skills and advanced organizational skills are necessary, as well as the ability to work collaboratively with other AA team members and various other parties.
• Ensuring the smooth running of the office of the Director, including handling daily correspondences, agenda, scheduling meetings, and filing.
• Handling of administrative duties such as the drafting emails, project schedules, communication with artists and project stakeholders. This also entails handling of the practical and logistical aspects of programming under the supervision of the Director; implementing farsighted practical planning, preparing for events, and sourcing goods and services.
No less than 2 years of relevant experience in the field of art, culture or management.
Knowledge, Capabilities and Skills
• Excellent organization and time-management skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent command of English and Arabic; French is highly desirable
• Working knowledge of Indesign, HTML, Adobe Suite, MS Office Suite
• Knowledge of the regional arts and cultural sector
• Knowledge in the nature of similar local, regional and international institutions
• Ability to work under pressure for long hours
• Residence in Lebanon, and possession of a valid work permit for foreign nationals
Deadline for Applying
We are looking to fill this position with the right candidate by September 1, 2016.
The deadline for receiving applications is August 15, 2016.
Send your cover letter and updated resumé (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be sure to mention your projected start date, and names of references with their updated contact information.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.