Project Coordinator (Home Works Forum 8)
Full-time, 11-month contract (Beirut-based)
Starting date: January 2, 2019
Ashkal Alwan is seeking a Project Coordinator to manage the planning and production of events and exhibitions as part of Home Works Forum 8, taking place in October 2019.
• Assisting with artist research and concept development for Home Works 8
• Providing assistance to artists and exhibition curators
• Supervising and implementing the installation of exhibitions, discursive programs, performances and film screenings
• Producing and maintaining budgets
• Researching best quotations on equipment, venues, production, etc.
• Overseeing logistics: hospitality, payments, transport, shipping, etc.
• Coordinating with graphic designers
• Preparing guidance kits for guest participants and audiences
At least 2 years of relevant experience in the field of art, culture or management.
Knowledge, Capabilities and Skills
• Knowledge of the local, regional and international artistic and cultural sectors
• Knowledge of contemporary art and visual culture
• Experience in exhibition and public program production
• Excellent communication and writing skills
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Excellent command of English and Arabic; French is highly desirable
• Ability to work under pressure, for long hours
Deadline for Applying
The deadline for receiving applications is November 15, 2018.
– Send your cover letter and updated resumé (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Please be sure to include names of two referees with their updated contact information.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.