Assistant to the Director
Starting date: January 2, 2019
Ashkal Alwan is seeking an Assistant to the Director to carry out administrative, programming, curatorial, and production duties.
The Assistant to the Director closely assists Ashkal Alwan’s Director in the realization of all aspects of Ashkal Alwan’s activities and its institutional management. This involves administration, conceptual, and production assistance on projects, as well as assisting with budgets, drafting reports, and public relations. All duties will be undertaken with direct supervision from the Director.
The Assistant to the Director should have superlative administrative skills and an interest in working with artists. Excellent interpersonal skills and advanced organizational skills are necessary, as well as the ability to work collaboratively with other team members and external parties.
• Ensuring the smooth running of the office of the Director, including handling daily correspondences, agenda, scheduling meetings, and filing.
• Handling of administrative duties such as drafting emails, scheduling projects, as well as liaising with artists and project stakeholders. This also entails the handling of practical and logistical aspects of programming under the supervision of the Director, implementing plans, preparing for events, and sourcing goods and services.
At least 2 years of relevant experience in the field of art, culture or management.
Knowledge, Capabilities and Skills
• Excellent organization and time-management skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent command of English and Arabic; French is highly desirable
• Knowledge of the regional arts and cultural sector
• Knowledge of relevant local, regional and international institutions
• Working knowledge of MS Office Suite, HTML, Adobe Suite
• Ability to work under pressure and for extended hours
• Residence in Lebanon, and possession of a valid work permit for foreign nationals
Deadline for Applying
The deadline for receiving applications is November 15, 2018.
– Send your cover letter and updated resumé (in English) to email@example.com.
– Please be sure to include names of two referees with their updated contact information.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.