Ashkal Alwan is seeking an experienced and dedicated Programs Coordinator to manage the planning and execution of events and exhibitions, as well as sustain and develop online platforms and audiovisual archives.
• Supervising, implementing and coordinating public events (lectures and symposia, performances, film and video screenings), exhibitions, and online programs (including as part of Home Workspace Program, aashra, and Perpetual Postponement).
• Producing and maintaining budgets and reports as well as researching best quotations on equipment, venues, and production
• Participating in large-scale research and development projects related to the enhancement of online platforms
• Maintaining close working relationships with technical staff with regards to the development of the front end, data models, and the administration of content
• Working on Ashkal Alwan’s visual identity and coordinating with graphic designers
Knowledge, Capabilities and Skills:
• Knowledge of the local, regional and international artistic and cultural sectors, as well as contemporary art and visual culture
• Experience in online and digital development as well as in the management and organization of public events and exhibitions
• Ability to identify challenges and opportunities, engage others in their resolution and recommend appropriate courses of action
• Excellent communication and writing skills (both Arabic & English) , as well as problem-solving skills
Relevant experience in the field of art, culture or non-profit management
Deadline for Applying:
The deadline for receiving applications is May 15, 2021
•Send your cover letter and updated resumé (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org
•Please be sure to include names of two referees with their updated contact information.