Administrative Director - Job Description
Ashkal Alwan is seeking an innovative, experienced, and dedicated Administrative Director to develop and implement sustainable institutional strategies and oversee the organization’s operations, programs, and community outreach. The Administrative Director post is a senior position; applicants are therefore expected to demonstrate relevant experience in the field of cultural policy and management and/or within mission-focused non-profit organizations, as well as commit to and work towards advancing Ashkal Alwan’s longstanding vision and activities.
- Collaborate on a consistent and continuous basis with the Director of Ashkal Alwan and its board of trustees to develop financial and operational plans, establish institutional policies, and promote the organization.
- Work closely with the Director of Ashkal Alwan to develop short-term and long-term funding strategies, as well as locate new grant funding opportunities.
- Generate annual workflow finances, budgets, proposals, and reports.
- Liaise with the organization’s attorneys and auditors for all legal and financial aspects pertaining to its administration.
- Supervise the implementation of Ashkal Alwan’s year-long programs and activities, including residencies and fellowships, public programs (symposia, performances, film and video screenings, publications), exhibitions, and online platforms.
- Organize and work towards a safe and healthy institutional environment, to ensure positive interaction among Ashkal Alwan staff and affiliated collaborators.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent and qualified staff.
- Delegate tasks, monitor daily operations and manage our facilities, as well as, negotiate contracts and agreements with collaborators (artists, graphic designers, technicians, translators etc.) and partner organizations.
- Collaborate and seek opportunities with local, regional, and international non-profit cultural organizations.
At least 5-7 years of relevant experience in the field of art, culture or management.
Knowledge, Capabilities and Skills
- Excellent organization and time-management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent command of English and Arabic; French is highly desirable
- Knowledge of the regional arts and cultural sector
- Knowledge of relevant local, regional and international institutions
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite, HTML, Adobe Suite
- Residence in Lebanon, and possession of a valid work permit for foreign nationals
_ Send a cover letter (250-400 words max.) and CV (in English or Arabic) to firstname.lastname@example.org
_ Include names of two to three referees with their updated contact information.
Deadline for Applying
The deadline for receiving applications is September 15, 2021.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.