Full-time, Beirut-based, in-office
Ashkal Alwan is seeking an experienced Programs Coordinator to implement the organization’s year-long programs and activities.
• Coordinating Ashkal Alwan’s year-long programs and activities, including residencies, fellowships, public programs (symposia, performances, film and video screenings, publications), exhibitions, and online platforms.
• Handling administrative duties such as drafting emails, scheduling, and liaising with artists and project stakeholders. This also entails the handling of practical and logistical aspects of programming, preparing for events, and sourcing goods and services under the supervision of the Director.
• Working closely with the Director and the Ashkal Alwan team towards preparing grant proposals, budgets, forecasts, and reports.
• Managing the development of Ashkal Alwan’s website and online platforms, as well as editing content and maintaining digital archives in cooperation with technical staff.
Knowledge, capabilities and skills:
• Knowledge of the local, regional and international artistic and cultural sectors, as well as contemporary art and visual culture.
• Experience in online and digital development as well as in the management and organization of public events and exhibitions.
• Working knowledge of MS Office Suite, HTML, Adobe Suite.
• Excellent communication, writing and editing skills in both Arabic and English.
2+ years of relevant experience in the field of art, culture or non-profit management.
Deadline for applying:
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. The deadline for receiving applications is October 10, 2022.
• Send your cover letter and resumé (in English) to email@example.com.
• Please be sure to include names of two referees with their updated contact information.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview